This spiritual ark is both a training and equipping center and a home where women and their children find unconditional love and acceptance, healing and restoration. Only our King can put a life back together and He does such a good job!
Building a Dream
The Refuge is so much more than a 20,000 sq. foot building. The TOP FLOOR is a training and equipping center with a large meeting room, dorm-style housing , 2 kitchens and classrooms.
Construction on the GROUND FLOOR continues and is scheduled (Lord willing) for completion in 2019. This facility will be a place of restoration and healing for women and their children who have been abused and/or sexually exploited.
SLAVERY IS ALIVE AND WELL—IN AMERICA!
Slavery is alive and well on planet earth. And many of the slaves are children born in America, standing around bus stops, hanging out by runaway youth shelters, fast food restaurants or advertised online. According to the FBI, there are currently an estimated 293,000 American children at risk of being exploited and trafficked for sex. Forty percent of all human trafficking cases opened for investigation between January 2008 and June 2010 were for the sexual trafficking of a child. The majority of these children being sold for sex are girls between the ages of 12 and 14. Young girls are the new commodities that traffickers and gangs are selling. In many respects, the girl trade has replaced the drug trade. The Internet also allows the sale of a girl to be executed with ease, discretion, and convenience for the buyer. And unlike selling a drug, the girl can be sold over and over again.
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children estimates there are 100,000-300,000 American kids victimized annually through the practice of child prostitution.
- The average age a child is first sold for sex in America is 12 years old.
- America is the second highest destination in the world for sex trafficking.
- 40% of all trafficking cases opened for investigation between January 2008 and June 2010 were for the sexual trafficking of a child.
- In that same investigation, 3 out of 4 victims were advertised or sold online.
- Anyone is at risk. This crime is not targeted at any particular race or socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Nearly 80% of trafficked girls have a history of physical and/or sexual abuse.
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. – Psalm 34:18
There is still much needed to complete The Refuge. We are in need of volunteers to help with construction on the interior of the building. If you or someone you know, has construction experience or can swing a hammer or if you have supplies or any other items to donate, please contact Danny at email@example.com or phone 816-522-9011.
Or perhaps you would like to make a donation to the building fund?
When you donate, please designate your gift to “The Refuge“.
Remember, you are not investing in just a building—you are investing in the lives of devastated girls and giving them a chance at life.